Geocaching in Eindhoven

   
Can you find the treasure?

     My sweetheart and I sometimes are poles apart, like in our musical tastes, or the fact that he is a night owl and I an early bird. Still, to have a common area of entertainment was important to me. The good news is that he has indulged me by looking for something we could share. The question was: What could we do that was mostly outdoors, implied a challenge, and fun? GEOCACHING!

What is geocaching?
     According to Wikipedia, geocaching is, "...an outdoor recreational activity, in which participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world. 

Is it popular in Eindhoven?
     I'll let you answer that. I will just say that we have found caches that have been already found that same day!

Are we going insane?
     Not yet, but it is a possibility. We now have a Garmin GPS, and we are planning on geocaching in the Drielandenpunt Trail, Hamburg, and Vienna. 

     Have you found in Eindhoven activities that you recommend? Let me know in the comments and I will give them a shot! Thanks and tot volgende keer!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inburgering Part 1: Reading Exam

Resources and tips for your Spreken Inburgeringexamen

Learning Dutch and the Difference Between White and Brown Eggs